“I’m giving everything I am for the sake of this child.”
I said that out loud when my firstborn was about nine months old. As I struggled with the world’s definition of significance, a part of me still wanted to be a big corporate executive, network with the who’s who, serve on boards and be a key decision maker in my community. I realized I was entrusted with a God-given gift…and at that moment in my life, I would need to lay ALL that down for my son.
This blog is for the parent, teacher, relative, student ministry leader, community leader and coach…anyone who touches the life of a child. I’m dedicated to developing the whole child; a student who loves God and can significantly contribute to the local and global community. The content here will lean toward the infant to 5th grade student, but some of the ideas can also be tailored to the middle school student. I highly believe in the positive impact of this next generation!
Here you will find:
- What I am doing with my boys…the good and the lessons learned from the not so good
- How to develop your student into a functioning member of the body of Christ
- Ideas to equip your student for a global community
- Strategies for academic success
- Techniques and resources to develop the whole student
- Local or online events that may benefit you and your student
- Encouragement for you, inclusive of and what I do to stay focused
If you’ve landed here, you have likely found a kindred spirit. I want to establish a community of like-minded people so we can work together to cultivate a healthy community of young people. This blog will also benefit my boys as I aim to build a community of young people with whom they can share life with.
I believe in you, and the power of collaboration. If you have a great article, resource or you write something that can benefit the community here, please contact me. I would welcome the opportunity for it to be shared with this audience.
Thanks for reading. Hope you stick around, join the conversation and find something useful.
From Me to You
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- I absolute love the methodical thought process that lead...May 6, 2017 - 3:24 PM by Latosha Providence
- […] How I Taught My 3-Year Olds To Read Using Montessori...November 12, 2016 - 6:42 PM by Top 5 Reasons Montessori is Part of My Homeschool - The All In Mom
- Awesome and Amen!! You have inspired me to start teaching...August 10, 2016 - 10:57 PM by Roz